[MCOH-EH] Rapid drug screening DAILY quaility checks starting 1/1/16

Employee Health employeehealth at gvh.org
Fri Dec 4 06:33:50 PST 2015

Good Morning,

I was wondering for those who use rapid drug screening, what are your doing as of 1/1/16 in regards to the JACHO new regulation that the quality control checks must be done daily?  Using two kits a day (every day a test is performed) just for  quality control will definitely increase costs.  I attached the information received from Joint Commission that our lab forwarded to me.

Both are highlighted in scan
QSA.02.10.01-c 3 addresses the daily checks.
QSA.02.04.01 addresses the alternative of developing a IQCP plan.

So have you changed to send out testing only?

Did you develop a IQCP plan?  If so, how did you go about doing that?

Thank you for any help or advice, it is greatly appreciated!

Employee Health
Grand View Health
700 Lawn Avenue
Sellersville, PA 18960
215-453-4016
215-453-4748 (fax)
employeehealth at gvh.org<mailto:employeehealth at gvh.org>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE1016.4453A360]

Please Note: This e-mail transmission, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or organization(s) to which it is addressed. The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not a designated recipient, you are prohibited from reviewing, using, copying or distributing this message unless you receive express permission, in writing, from the sender or the designated recipient. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system without copying it.