[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL] Re: Indeterminate QFT-GIT

Thanassi, Wendy Wendy.Thanassi at va.gov
Fri Jul 29 11:17:33 PDT 2016

Indeterminate on either IGRA implies an immune response on the positive
control that is too low to call valid. But note that any positive
response would override the low control and would be reported out as
positive. That means the vast majority of these indeterminates are
negative for TB, but there is concern regarding the patient's immune
system function, and referral to their primary with this information is
important.

Wendy

Wendy Thanassi MA, MD

Chief, Occupational Health