[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL] TB screening for high risk facility

Thanassi, Wendy Wendy.Thanassi at va.gov
Tue Sep 20 12:22:48 PDT 2016

Yes Palo Alto VA does QFT on hire and annually for those at risk. Many
papers show that this is the least expensive and most cost-efficient
approach. Yes 2-4 visits for busy people is frustrating! Onboarding is a
week faster, we run them in-house on standard ELISA machines. The cost
to us is $19/test. It saves OH SO MUCH time too.

We have people report straight to the lab with their badge; there's a
standing order that all employees can get a TB test as a walk-in.

Wendy

Wendy Thanassi MA, MD

National Project Lead, Tuberculosis

Office of Patient Care Services, Occupational Health 10P4Z

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Washington, DC 20420

Chief, Occupational Health

3801 Miranda Avenue

Palo Alto VAHCS

Palo Alto, CA 94304

Wendy.Thanassi at va.gov <mailto:Wendy.Thanassi at va.gov>

650-493-5000 x 65214

Providing the best Occupational Medicine Care Anywhere-for VHA Employees
and Veterans

VHAOccupationalEnviroMedConsult at va.gov
<mailto:VHAOccupationalEnviroMedConsult at va.gov>   or
https://vaww.portal.va.gov/sites/ohshg/OEMedicineConsults