[MCOH-EH] BBP exposures due to Lovenox injection

Thrasher, Terri Terri.Thrasher at cchmc.org
Fri Nov 18 08:36:55 PST 2016

I have news about a safety syringe and needle for lovenox injection with children!

I know that some hospitals have shared the same issue that I have had at Cincinnati Children's with getting a syringe that allows for the accurate volumetric dosing in ml's and the right sized needle with a safety syringe for the accurate and safe administration of lovenox.
I am happy to say there is now a product on the market and in case you do not know about it I wanted to start sharing the information with you !!!!
The company is Sol Guard.
We are trialing the syringe in the hope to eliminate our BBP's associated with the lovenox injection.

Here is the contact info and the catalogue info:

[cid:image001.png at 01D15997.F569A410]
Dean Stone
Manager - Primary Care Division, NACA
1735 N Brown Road, Suite 120
Lawrenceville, GA  30043
Cell - 404.314.2904
www.sol-m.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sol-2Dm.com_&d=CwMFAw&c=P0c35rBvlN7D8BNx7kSJTg&r=Jmg5o1TWVLt02_ZQHrHWz9cq2GUFrnmW1sIeobramoY&m=IcN8h5ui2RKQrnvqDwzeJ6UmjzMHq2WfbCB9hqxVIs8&s=CXfDIErSv_VQU3cuDv2MgPjO4E2wxoMeKR69xDnDqqQ&e=>

Please send all purchase orders to: orders at sol-m.com<mailto:orders at sol-m.com> & dstone at sol-m.com<mailto:dstone at sol-m.com>
Catalog #

Description

Size

Guage

Length

Box Qty

Case Qty

2031516SG

SOL-GUARD(tm) 0.3ml TB Safety Syringe w/ Fixed Needle 31G*5/16

.3ml

31G

5/16"

100

800

2051516SG

SOL-GUARD(tm) 0.5ml TB Safety Syringe w/ Fixed Needle 31G*5/16

.5ml

31G

5/16"

100

800

2131516SG

SOL-GUARD(tm) 1ml TB Safety Syringe w/ Fixed Needle 31G*5/16

1ml

31G

5/16"

100

800

200034SG

SOL-GUARD(tm) 1ml TB Safety Syringe w/ Fixed Needle 25G*1

1ml

25G

1"

100

800

200018SG

SOL-GUARD(tm) 1ml TB Safety Syringe w/ Fixed Needle 25G*5/8

1ml

25G

5/8"

100

800

200019SG

SOL-GUARD(tm) 1ml TB Safety Syringe w/ Fixed Needle 27G*1/2

1ml

27G

1/2"

100

800

200067SG

SOL-GUARD(tm) 1ml TB Safety Syringe w/ Fixed Needle 28G*1/2

1ml

28G

1/2"

100

800

Terri L. Thrasher RN MSN
Sr. Director HR Professional Services
Employee Health, Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Workers Compensation, 803-SAFE, Injury Management, Non CCHMC Badging, Early Education and Childcare Center
3333 Burnet Ave
Cincinnati Ohio 45229  MLC 9006