[MCOH-EH] cast, knee scooters and foot boots

Thrasher, Terri Terri.Thrasher at cchmc.org
Thu Dec 15 12:02:22 PST 2016

Our employees must be able to do hand hygiene if they work in patient care areas.   SO if anything impedes that they cannot work.

Must have closed toe boots for safety

Scooters depend on the job you are doing

Splints casts etc depend on the job you are doing

Casts
Splints (Velcro wrist, finger splints, etc...)
Knee Scooters
Foot boots
Slings

We are considering changing or amending our policy to touch on these situations. As of now, we allow closed toe boots in clinical areas and open toe in others. The others are currently not allowed in any areas for various reasons. Our organization consist of 4 hospitals and several physician offices. The above situations are reviewed on a case by case scenario when worker's comp is involved.

Thank You,

Darlene Sims MSN,FNP-C
Director of Infirmary Employee Health
Locations at MIMC, Thomas Hospital ,NBI &ACH
185 Mobile Infirmary Blvd
Mobile, Al 36607
MIMC office (251)435-5957 fax (251)435-3067
Thomas Hospital (251)279-1605 fax (251)279-1606
NBI (251)937-5521 ext 1860
ACH (251)368-6314
darlene.sims at infirmaryhealth.org<mailto:darlene.sims at infirmaryhealth.org>