[MCOH-EH] employee drug screens

Spivey, Christine cspivey at CCGH.org
Fri Apr 7 13:09:25 PDT 2017

1. Curious as to what type of drug testing others perform on employees? 6 plus Oxycodone bundle (synthetics)…although Methadone is not included.
2. Observed vs Nonobserved? Non observed for random, post-accident (anything beyond first aid), all drivers(Home health, couriers, EMS)if MVA
3. Do you use different processes depending on reason for drug test?  Observed for “for cause”

Random, Pre-Employment, Reasoable Suspicion, For Cause-narcotic discrepancy

Christine

[Email Signature LOGO]

Christine Spivey BSN, RN
Employee Health / Worker's Compensation
Carteret Health Care
3500 Arendell Street, Morehead City, NC 28557
Office: 252 808-6480  |  Fax:  252 808-6676  |  cspivey at ccgh.org

Confidentiality Notice:  This email, including any attachments, contains CONFIDENTIAL information.  The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email is not permissible.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying email and destroy all copies of the original message

1. Curious as to what type of drug testing others perform on employees?
2. Observed vs Nonobserved? NON
3. Do you use different processes depending on reason for drug test? No. Even though we are non-DOT in terms of our testing we follow DOT collection procedures.
Random, Pre-Employment, Reasoable Suspicion, For Cause-narcotic discrepancy

We perform Post offer, RS, and Post-Incident (any moving vehicle incident)

Thank you,

Darlene (Sprinkle) Sims, MSN,FNP-C
Director of Infirmary Employee Health
(251)435-5957 fax (251)435-3067