[MCOH-EH] Safety procedures

Spivey, Christine cspivey at CCGH.org
Mon May 8 13:37:39 PDT 2017

AMEN!  Policy/procedures should NOT be a suggestion!
Christine

From: MCOH-EH [mailto:mcoh-eh-bounces at mylist.net] On Behalf Of william hyman
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 3:14 PM
To: mcoh-eh at mylist.net
Subject: [MCOH-EH] Safety procedures

Safety procedures either increase safety and should therefore be followed and enforced, or the procedure is bad and it should be re-evaluated, rewritten or abandoned.

I don't understand how one can be comfortable with a safety procedure that isn't followed. This is fake safety. Is the idea to just have a procedure so one can say they have a procedure, or is the idea to actually help protect workers, even if that means protecting them from themselves.

If workers can't see through their non-prescription safety glasses then one cannot be serious that "wear your safety glasses" is a realistic policy.

Similarly I have noticed workers peeking out from under face shields because they can't see clearly through the shield. This is another example of fake safety.