[MCOH-EH] Question on medical marijuana

Hudson, T. Warner TWHudson at mednet.ucla.edu
Wed May 10 11:57:07 PDT 2017

We fail medical marijuana as a Federal Contractor with Drug Free Workplace Policy; present in urine above cutoffs in policy without legitimate medical explanation and by policy we only consider a prescription that was filled (before the collection) in a licensed pharmacy like Walgreens or CVS  for say Marinol as a legitimate medical explanation per our policy. Same approach with recreational as CA has that law going into effect i/1/18; same in Mass. where I know U Mass Memorial has same approach.

T. Warner Hudson, MD FACOEM, FAAFP
Medical Director, Occupational and Employee Health
UCLA Health System and Campus
Office 310.825.9146
Fax 310.206.4585
Pager 800.233.7231  ID 27132