[MCOH-EH] Occ med billing

Landry-Lyons, Jessica jlandrylyons at emhs.org
Tue Oct 10 05:56:24 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I am aware that this is mostly a clinical forum, however, I was wondering if anyone could provide information on their provider documentation guidelines for occupational medicine visits. I am fairly new to the occupational health realm and come from a billing/coding background prior to my career in nursing. It sometimes seems as though the CPT E/M guidelines are hard to follow for the specificity of the occ health world, and time based billing becomes more of a frequent practice. What office visit documentation does your facility require?

Thank you,

Jessica Landry-Lyons, RN, CPC
Clinical Supervisor-Bangor Region
WorkHealth, LLC