[MCOH-EH] Staff Illness-Restrictions from Duty Policy

Jordana L. Mcdonald Jordana.Mcdonald at salemhealth.org
Tue Nov 21 10:11:10 PST 2017

Greetings!

We are in the process of updating our Staff Restrictions from Duty Policy.  It mostly follows the 1998 Guideline for infection Control in Healthcare Personnel by Bolyard et al.

Our present policy has no guidelines for staff that end up with Clostridium difficile and I am wondering what other facilities use in these cases?  Our policy covers clinical staff, food service and administrative employees, though often there are different guidelines for different job types.

I am also looking for any clarifications on restrictions for those with Tinea capitis (not that we have a huge problem with this), however our policy presently states exclude until "treated and cleared by a medical provider."  Both the Infection Prevention MD and I find this vague. This is one of the items that did not come from the 1998 Guideline.  We both agree that treatment should consist of treatment with an oral anti-fungal and twice weekly anti-fungal shampoo, but neither of us is aware of a time period of treatment thought to render this less transmissible.

Please include what source you are using for your evidence.

Thank you,

Jordana McDonald FNP-c
Salem Health Employee Health/Occupational Medicine
Salem Health Medical Group

SALEM HEALTH
Hospitals & Clinics
1002 Bellevue Street SE
Salem, OR 97301
Jordana.mcdonald at salemhealth.org<mailto:Jordana.mcdonald at salemhealth.org>
503-814-7250
Fax: 503-814-7253

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email and any attachments
may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender and permanently delete the email and any attachments immediately. You should
not retain, copy, or use this email or any attachment for any purpose; nor disclose
all or any part of the contents to any other person.