[MCOH-EH] Exemptions from (mandatory) flu vaccine

Balogun, Evelyn BalogunE at ihn.org
Fri Dec 1 13:29:28 PST 2017

We are in Year 1 of our mandatory flu program and I am interested in how other organizations managed requests for medical exemptions for issues such as egg allergy, historical but not documented allergic reactions, and other requests.

I also particularly noted a trend towards requesting exemptions for a family (not personal) history of Guillain Barre Syndrome. Does anyone have experience with these requests?

Interested in lessons learned as we already start to look onward to year 2 recognizing that physician outreach needs to play a bigger role.

Thanks

Evelyn Balogun, MD
Medical Director
Employee Health