[MCOH-EH] MSK US Course at AOHC 2018 New Orleans

yusef sayeed yusef1 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 09:41:49 PST 2018

Dear List Members,

 I wanted to make you aware of a post conference educational opportunity at this year’s American Occupational Health Conference sponsored by the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine in New Orleans. I will be directing a hands on “live scanning” workshop with interdisciplinary faculty members from the Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, West Virginia University, LSU, and the University of Pennsylvania to teach providers diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound skills as well as regenerative medicine techniques. Many of you may know me from ACOEM I serve in multiple roles and I have given talks on this both nationally and internationally.

Here are the course objectives:

Learning Objectives:
1. Increase the participant's knowledge to better perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
2. List the indications, benefits, and limitations of MSK ultrasound for Occupational injuries
3. Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
4. Demonstrate scanning protocols for performing shoulder, elbow, and wrist/hand examinations
5. Identify normal anatomy during musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
6. Identify the sonographic appearance of commonly seen pathology of the shoulder, elbow, and wrist/hand.
7. Demonstrate the use of MSK sonography for diagnosis and ultrasound-guided interventions and describe "in-plane" and "out of plane" injections/aspiration techniques using inanimate phantoms.
8. Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
Advanced Objectives:
9. Identify anatomy and pathoanatomy of the upper extremity joints (tendons, ligaments, muscle/fascia, and nerves).
10. Outline the biology and evidence for use of regenerative substances.
11. State when, why, and how to integrate regenerative medicine as a practical treatment option.
12. List regenerative medicine targets for the upper extremities.
13. Outline post procedural protocols for regenerative procedures
14. Integrate advanced MSK and ultrasound-guided regenerative medicine techniques into clinical practice.

For more information please visit the ACOEM website.

I hope to see you in New Orleans.

Yusef Sayeed, M.D., M.P.H., M.Eng., CPH, CMRO, CME, COHC, EIT, DABPM
yusef1 at hotmail.com
Deuk Spine Institute
West Virginia University
University of Pennsylvania
Mayo Clinic
University of Kentucky
University of Louisville
(502) 419-4514
Space, is it our last exploration?

= -- = -- = --

Please remove this footer before replying to the forum.

You are currently receiving Occ-Env-Med-L, a free discussion forum for clinical and public health professionals (only) about topics in Occupational & Environmental Medicine, housed at the University of N.Carolina School of Public Health.

Today's Sponsor: 3bExam<https://www.3bExam.com> delivers leading edge electronic exam solutions to a network of Certified Medical Examiners, Urgent Care Clinics, Occupational Health Practices and Third Party Systems.

3bExam provides a total solution that simplifies and streamlines the exam process, eliminates paper forms, improves accuracy and compliance.

Your messages are sent to: yusef1 at hotmail.com

To discontinue, send a blank email from that address, to leave-39594974-89174620.1b5dbbcd03c42c0f3cf69de4ff851e1a at listserv.unc.edu

To post a broadcast msg, send to Occ-Env-Med-L at listserv.unc.edu from yusef1 at hotmail.com. Use a good subj line and be sure to identify yourself & any potential conflicts of interest. Attachments are supposed to be prohibited, so put your content into the message itself. Please avoid excessive abbreviations.

For help: Contact GNGreenberg at gmail.com or visit http://subscribe.occhealthnews.net<http://subscribe.occhealthnews.net/>

             <http://subscribe.occhealthnews.net/>

Archives are stored at http://archives.occhealthnews.net<http://archives.occhealthnews.net/>