[MCOH-EH] BBP exposure serial testing

Morelli, Karen J kmorelli at emhs.org
Mon Mar 19 09:11:24 PDT 2018

Good Afternoon,
I would like to hear what others are doing for blood borne pathogen serial test timing.  We had been doing testing at 6 weeks, 3  and 6 months for HIV, Hep C and Hep B.  However, looking at the CDC guidelines, depending on the pathogen, baseline and at 6 months may be all that is recommended.  I am in the midst of updating our policy to reflect what the CDC recommends but wanted to get your input as well.
Thank you!
Karen

Karen Morelli RN, BSN, Clinical Manager
WorkHealth LLC
973-7382
kmorelli at emhs.org<mailto:kmorelli at emhs.org>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D2A7DC.8A3D69D0]
BANGOR | PITTSFIELD | PORTLAND | PRESQUE ISLE