[MCOH-EH] MCOH-EH Digest, Vol 253, Issue 113 (Drug Screens)

Trish Figura-Delia pfigura1 at jhmi.edu
Fri Mar 30 11:42:18 PDT 2018

Hi Darlene:

We do pre-employment (Post offer) - Rapid on-site screen, if non-negative we send out to Lab/MRO
Reasonable Suspicion/For Cause - send out to Lab/MRO/split specimen
We do not do randoms

Trish
JHACH

I am curious as to what other facilities are using as their drug screen methods for the following:
Pre-employment
Randoms
Reasonable suspicion/cause or other mandatory

I am researching with plans to change our methods due to continuous reports and the new creative ways employees are coming up with in hopes of avoiding a positive result; such as, devices, using someone else's urine & maintaining adequate temp and actually have had 1 reported method where someone was injecting via catheter "homemade" urine who was eventually caught.

Thank you,

Darlene Sims MSN,FNP-C
Director Infirmary Employee Health Services Locations at MIMC, Thomas Hospital ,NBI &ACH
185 Mobile Infirmary Blvd
Mobile, Al 36607
MIMC office (251)435-3377 opt 3 fax (251)435-3067 Thomas Hospital (251)279-1605 fax (251)279-1606 NBI (251)937-5521 ext 1860 ACH (251)368-6314 darlene.sims at infirmaryhealth.org<mailto:darlene.sims at infirmaryhealth.org>

[http://files.constantcontact.com/3764064b001/d2df599f-d03a-49cb-9c8d-29610f84b323.png]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The information contained in this message is private and confidential, may contain legally protected health information and may be subject to one or more non-disclosure agreements, HIPAA privacy regulations and other laws. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail, delete it from your computer, and destroy all copies of the original message.

Thank you.
Sturdy Memorial Hospital.

Message: 2