[MCOH-EH] BBPE

Therese Bovee-McKelvey TMBoveeMcKelvey at evergreenhealthcare.org
Tue Jun 19 10:34:49 PDT 2018

For required lab identifiers we use the DOB and gender along with the code for staff and for source pt.

At one facility we used a series of questions to develop an alpha code for both staff & source pt. and included the actual DOB & gender on the lab slip & stickers
Currently we use lab slips that have pre-assigned alpha-numeric codes.  We build packets that we use for each exposure.  At point of need we add DOB & gender.
Both systems require a paper tracking worksheet for employee health use only to track what code belongs to whom.

Therese Bovee McKelvey, MN, RN  Sr. Employee Health Nurse - Employee Health
425.899.2278 (P)  |  425.899.2277 (F)  | TMBoveeMcKelvey at evergreenhealth.com
EvergreenHealth MS-42, 12040 NE 128th St., Kirkland, WA 98034
Follow EvergreenHealth on Facebook and Twitter  |   www.evergreenhealth.com