[MCOH-EH] First Receiver/Decon Onboarding

Shea, Joann jshea at tgh.org
Wed Oct 17 05:26:43 PDT 2018

At TGH, we require completion of the comprehensive respiratory questionnaire with review by our nurse practitioners.  We only require PFTs on those with a history of pulmonary conditions.   We may require cardiology clearance.

Employee Health coordinates the medical portion of DECON during our drills,   donning and doffing of the hazmat suits and respirators, assigning partners, timing length of time in suits,  taking BP and pulse and evaluating over heated DECON team members.   We assign our Lift Team, Security, Facilities and nurses to be on the DECON team.

We also have a few of our nurses assist with DECON.  JoAnn

[TGH_employee health serv-color]
JoAnn Shea, ARNP, MS, COHN-S
Director, Employee Health & Wellness      "Caring for our Caregivers"