[MCOH-EH] Annual/periodic physicals on armed security officers?

Shea, Joann jshea at tgh.org
Mon Feb 25 14:13:06 PST 2019

We just started to arm security officers last summer.  All have to pass a psychiatric examination.  We use the same provider our local law enforcement agency uses.

We are then requiring an annual questionnaire in TM health (Aka EHS). If they have developed any new mental health issues  or we have any concerns, we will  refer back to the provider for clearance.

We are not performing physical examinations.

JoAnn Shea, MS, APRN, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness Services
Tampa General Hospital
Cell: 813-789-3441
Office: 813-844-7692
FAX: 813-844-8144