[MCOH-EH] Accepting Medical Waivers for Flu Guidelines

Amy Olson aolson9 at jhmi.edu
Tue May 21 07:37:52 PDT 2019

We have the following spelled out in our policy:

1.       EEs requesting a medical waiver must complete the Medical Exception Form.

2.       The form is taken to their doctor for signature and accompanying the form must be medical documentation substantiating the need for exception.

3.       The form is reviewed by the Medical Exception Review Panel comprised of EH Director, EH Nurse Practitioner and Infectious Disease physician. HR representation is included when the case would indicate the need. The Panel has up to 14 days to review and make a decision. Further information may be requested.

4.       The exception is granted on either a temporary or permanent basis.

This past year we had a surprisingly low number of exception requests. We had two and one was temporary and the second was denied.

Amy Olson, BSN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Employee Health and Wellness
Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
500 Seventh Avenue South, Suite 103