[MCOH-EH] Worker's Compensation

Shea, Joann jshea at tgh.org
Thu Jul 4 05:42:07 PDT 2019

Team Member Health (aka Employee Health) has one director and four managers

  *   Manager, Workers Comp and Leaves  (Oversight WC and FMLA, Medical, military, personal leaves, leave sharing program).
  *   Manager,  Injury Prevention/Lift Team
  *   Manager, Team Member Wellness and Fitness Center
  *   Manager, Team member clinic

We report to HR VP and our Workers Comp manager is a nurse with MPH, CCM, COHN-S and certified in WC.

  *   We are responsible all aspects of WC:  Modified duty, budget, TPA, treatment in clinic, education, safety education, case management internally, etc)

  *   8500 team members and 600 injuries per year
  *   Experience mod is 0.42, very low as we work together to prevent injuries in the division
  *   We have two workers comp coordinators (One with masters and one with bachelor degree)  Both certified CCM and in Workers Comp
  *   We are self insured and have a TPA with a dedicated adjuster
  *   Clinic nurse practitioners eval and treat all injuries
  *   Monthly meetings with Injury prevention team, clinic APRNs, PT and WC team to review cases
  *   We have programs in place for rehab with our fitness center and wellness team

JoAnn Shea, MS, APRN, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness Services
Tampa General Hospital
Cell: 813-789-3441
Office: 813-844-7692
FAX: 813-844-8144
jshea at tgh.org<mailto:xxxxxxxxx at tgh.org>

We Heal. We Teach. We Innovate.
We Are TGH.
[imageTGH]

How is the management of workers compensation structured within your organization?
What role does your employee health/occupational health team play?
Do you have a dedicated manager and what is their background?
Where does risk fit into the overall scheme of things?
Do you have dedicate clinicians involved in your program?
Thank you
Charlie Hackett MD, MPH, Lifespan EOHS