[MCOH-EH] Virtual Visits

Dr Joe Fanucchi drjoe at meditrax.com
Tue Jul 23 12:15:55 PDT 2019

On 7/23/2019 10:45 AM, Tim Crump wrote:

> We have been using virtual care for some of our BBF exposure
> management. The goal is to use them for after-hours exposures to
> reduce the impact on the ED. We have found that training the VVUC
> providers is critical, as this is a different process for them. We
> provided a 30-minute training for staff with a PowerPoint they can
> refer back to and had them manage for several months some exposures
> that occurred while we were open so that they could consult with our
> providers. It is still a work in progress, but it is a wonderful
> concept; do not underestimate the importance of provider trainings and
> specifying workflows (e.g. how workers are notified of source and
> baseline results). Cheers, Tim
>
> Tim Crump, MSN, FNP
>
> *Tim Crump, MSN, FNP*
>
> Family Nurse Practitioner
>
> Multnomah Pavilion 1 SE, Suite 1110
>
> Occupational Health
>
> Healthcare Human Resources
>
> Oregon Health & Science University
>
> 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd
>
> Mail code: UHN 89
>
> Portland, OR 97239-3098
>
> Department Phone: 503-494-5271
>
> Office Phone: 503-346-1152
>
> Fax: 503-494-4457
>
> Email: _crumpt at ohsu.edu <mailto:crumpt at ohsu.edu>_
>
> Mon-Fri, 7:30-4:00
>
> cid:3381310330_334556

After several list members requested copies, Tim generously provided us
with the PowerPoint. The maillist server returned it to him because it's
5.5 MB in size, and there's a 1 MB size limit for MCOH-EH messages.

However, you can download the OHSU VUC Training Powerpoint <VUC
training.pptx> by clicking this link <VUC training.pptx>.

Tim commented:

    /Here is the PowerPoint we used for Virtual Visit training. I
    emptied the content of slides 4 and 5 since they had stats specific
    to our institution. You might consider adding in info specific to
    your institution. Feel free to give feedback; that’s how things get
    better. //
    //Best, Tim/

Regards,

Joe Fanucchi