[MCOH-EH] Occupational health surveillance software

Charles Hackett dickenshackett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:21:04 PDT 2019

We have been doing a first phase of looking at occupational health software.
Based on input from other MCOHS colleagues we have had informal discussions
and webinars with Cority, Agility, Pure OHS, Enterprise Health and Immuware.
Our discussion with management initially focused on why Epic might not be
the ideal choice. That involved explaining that we are not an ambulatory
care clinic and that we do not need an EMR but we do need an OHS
(occupational health system).
In the ideal situation we also would like whatever system we end up with to
have the capability of communicating/linking with Epic and our HR system.
We also sat down and said what are our top 5 priorities for this investment.
If we receive our funding then we will start a formal RFP process. All
these vendors will promise everything in the sales mode.
We have very few internal resources to manage the implementation of any
OHS. Part of our initial discussion with the various vendors was how much
will you commit and contribute to implementation to bridge the gap with
what we have.
One thing that we found very helpful was calling other colleagues who had
transitioned to an OHS system and asking very specific questions about
implementation, support and the reality of what the sale people promised
and day to day operations.
Charlie Hackett MD, MPH
Lifespan EOHS