[MCOH-EH] Rate of waning of mumps immunity

Swift, Melanie D., M.D., M.P.H. Swift.Melanie at mayo.edu
Wed Feb 5 20:18:22 PST 2020

Hi Ed,
There are just no good serologic correlates of vaccine-mediated immunity for measles, mumps, or varicella.
More explanation in the attached article, 3rd page in MMR section. False positives and false negatives do occur. For this reason routine post vaccination serologies are not recommended.
Mumps is the least immunogenic moiety in the MMR vaccine. 2 doses is not bullet-proof!

Take care,
Melanie