[MCOH-EH] Staff member on Humira with exposure to patient with active TB

Radke, Laura L. M.D. laura.radke at froedtert.com
Mon Feb 10 07:43:29 PST 2020

I'm wondering if I can solicit some opinions from the group regarding a situation we have.  We have a staff member (patient care) with rheumatoid arthritis, currently on Humira and and another RA med, who was exposed to an individual hospitalized with active tuberculosis.  She has had immediate testing with Quantiferon, but the result is pending.  Her last test result was in May of this year and was negative.  The question has arisen as to whether she should receive immediate treatment given her immunosuppression.  I'm interested to hear what members of the group would do in this situation and what drugs you would use for treatment - treat as latent with single agent or treat with more drugs due to her immunosuppression or follow her testing and symptoms and treat as needed.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Laura L Radke, MD
Medical Director, F&MCW Occupational Health Services
Phone:  262-253-8197  | Fax:  262-253-5152 Cell Phone:  414-530-0723
E-mail: laura.radke at froedtert.com<mailto:laura.radke at froedtert.com>

Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Workforce Health / North Hills Health Center Building B First Floor
W129 N7055 Northfield Dr.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.