[MCOH-EH] COVID19

da.sampson da.sampson at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 06:12:25 PST 2020

You should also check with your state  Department of Labor.  There  are usually state laws and judicial decisions that determine how employers pay employees and provide leave in these situations. Deb Sampson Deborah A Sampson,  PhD, APRN, FAANPSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Charles Hackett <dickenshackett at gmail.com> Date: 3/3/20  10:14 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: MCOH/EH <mcoh-eh at mylist.net> Subject: [MCOH-EH] COVID19 Our HR leadership has asked us to reach out to other health care colleagues for some guidance around employees that are or maybe quarantined because of COVID19.If an employee is determined to be quarantined for 14 days because of inadvertent exposure and are clinically well, are they being paid and if so how.The organization through CDC and local public health guidance is saying you must stay home and self monitor.Are you paying them?Are benefits continuing?Do you bypass whatever you have in place related to necessary documentation after a days off threshold?Is it a special payroll coding?Is it PTO?Is it different for your unionized workforce?Thank you.Charlie Hackett MD, MPHLifespan