[MCOH-EH] COVID19

Susan Higgins SHiggins at sturdymemorial.org
Thu Mar 5 11:49:14 PST 2020

From: MCOH-EH [mailto:mcoh-eh-bounces+shiggins=sturdymemorial.org at mylist.net] On Behalf Of Charles Hackett
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 3:40 PM
To: MCOH/EH
Subject: [SPAM-BF] [MCOH-EH] COVID19

Our HR leadership has asked us to reach out to other health care colleagues for some guidance around employees that are or maybe quarantined because of COVID19.
If an employee is determined to be quarantined for 14 days because of inadvertent exposure and are clinically well, are they being paid and if so how. We have a Precautionary Excused Pay (PEP) Policy which is typically used when someone feels well but we put them out of work (conjunctivitis, shingles..) the policy pays for up to 5 days. We are extending the 5 days to 14 days  for COVID-19
The organization through CDC and local public health guidance is saying you must stay home and self monitor.
Are you paying them? Yes
Are benefits continuing?Yes
Do you bypass whatever you have in place related to necessary documentation after a days off threshold?YEs
Is it a special payroll coding? Yes
Is it PTO? No PEP
Is it different for your unionized workforce? We do not have a union
Thank you.
Charlie Hackett MD, MPH
Lifespan