[MCOH-EH] Covid

Susan Higgins SHiggins at sturdymemorial.org
Mon May 4 10:12:07 PDT 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: MCOH-EH [mailto:mcoh-eh-bounces+shiggins=sturdymemorial.org at mylist.net] On Behalf Of Charles Hackett
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2020 12:08 PM
To: MCOH-EH
Subject: [SPAM-BF] [MCOH-EH] Covid

CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or on clicking links from unknown senders.

How are you paying employees that are not working because of covid. If it is thought to have been acquired at work we are paying them up to 14 days from our precautionary excused pay program (we use PEP,  typically for conjunctivitis, or any illness in which the employee feels well enough to work but for infection control purposes we send them home)

Are they going to workers compensation and if so how are you justifying if community spread. At this point we are accepting them, however as the state (MA) opens this is going to be a challenge. We have employees sign in and out of all rooms that the patient is a positive and r/o Covid. That may ultimately be the deciding factor

If asymptomatic positive? We have not come across this yet...

If quarantined because a spouse or loved one tests positive. Our doh demands a14 day off work. We only test symptomatic and do not quarantine if the employee is asymptomatic,

Do you have an infectious disease code that you’re using? Not sure what you are asking?

Since this started we have said you can’t work if your sick. Same as us

If truly negative we follow our joint eohs and infection control policy about duration, we do too

If positive we follow cdc guidance. Same here

about rtw being conservative about making sure symptom free or resolving symptoms

Thanks

Charlie Hackett MD, MPH

Lifespan.

Sent from my iPhone

The MCOH-EH List has always been moderated by members of the ACOEM Medical Center Occupational Health Section. It is currently moderated by Joe Fanucchi MD FACOEM.

List membership is free, but only subscribers may post to the list.

To post send messages to: mcoh-eh at mylist.net

MediTrax / Occupational Health Systems, Inc. provides financial support to ensure the list remains a free resource for the occupational health community.

Send administrative requests to: drjoe at meditrax.com