[MCOH-EH] FMLA telehealth visits

Abhijay Karandikar dr_abhik at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 07:29:47 PDT 2020

We are researching options for telehealth visits for FMLA/return to work visits with our FMLA nurses. Our hospital uses EPIC but we in employee health use Agility. I am curious to know how you are handling these visits. Are you doing telephonic visits only? If video visits, what options are you using? I am aware of telehealth capability in Agility but there is a concern voiced that employees may not have Outlook access (to access other videoconferencing options) while on leave and a few may not be savvy or have access to sophisticated virtual tools.

If this works well, we intend to continue this capability post-COVID.

On a similar note, are you performing other occ med visits via telehealth (work comp, physicals, etc.), either fully or partially?

Thanks!
Abhijay

Abhijay P. Karandikar, MD, MPH, FACOEM
Reading, PA