[MCOH-EH] covid testing

Shea, Joann jshea at tgh.org
Mon Oct 26 09:35:35 PDT 2020

We have thought about it, but don’t have the resources as our screening clinic is very busy.   We have a separate COVID-19 screening clinic open Mon-Sat 630 am to 2pm.
We test:

  *   Directors/VPs/Medical Staff that come on site for interviews must have a COVID-19 PCR test at our clinic prior to coming on site.  We can get the results within 2-3 hours.
  *   Travel or agency team members who are coming from other states are required to be COVID-19 tested prior to start date.
  *   All symptomatic HCWs (also do RVP if appropriate) must be tested to report to work.
  *   All  healthcare workers (employees, medical staff, residents) and their  household members or family members (age 1 and up)  can get tested at our clinic if they were exposed, are symptomatic,  having a procedure or need the test for travel.   No charge
  *   Occasionally we test visitors, upon request if they need to be with a disabled patient or terminal pt.
  *   We test all staff on a unit if we identify a cluster (2 or more + patients that may have hospital acquired COVID-19 within a two week period on one unit) or 3 or more team members on one unit that test + with no risk factors in a week.

JoAnn Shea, APRN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness
Tampa General Hospital
Office: 813-844-7692
Cell:      813-789-3441
jshea at tgh.org