[MCOH-EH] COVID Presumption Laws: Free webinar sponsored by WOEMA!

Dr Joe Fanucchi drjoe at meditrax.com
Fri Nov 13 00:39:00 PST 2020

**COVID PRESUMPTION LAWS**

**If you handle employee health in California,
you do NOT want to miss this webinar!**

/**/Thursday, November 19, 2020
/**//**/12:00 noon – 1:00 pm PST
/**/

*Join the discussion with our expert panel about this complex, evolving
topic where we explore the role and responsibilities of the clinician,
employer, and carrier and provide a framework for assessing and
implementing new laws that **remain in effect through January 1, 2023.*

California signed two COVID-19 presumption bills into law (State Bill
1159, Assembly Bill 685). SB 1159 expands access to workers’
compensation and makes it easier for first responders, health care
workers, and people who test positive due to an outbreak at work to get
the support they need, including necessary medical care and wage
replacement benefits.

AB 685 ensures timely notification to employees and public health
officials of COVID-19 cases at workplaces. This notification will help
workers take necessary precautions such as seeking testing, getting
medical help, or complying with quarantine directives.

We are sure you have questions! Feel free to submit them ahead of time
to woema at woema.org and we will address them (time permitting) during the
webinar.

<http://woema.memberclicks.net/message2/link/486d8556-ed6b-4cd4-9a70-6fc40ac8f2af/1>

*This is a complimentary webinar.*

*/Our Experts:/*

*Dr. Robert Blink
/Worksite Partners Medical Group Inc., San Francisco, CA,
Medical Director/Consulting Physician/*

*Dr. Robert Harrison
/California Department of Public Health,
Faculty at University of California, San Francisco
in the Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine/*

*Dr. Rupali Das
/Senior Vice President, Medical Director, Zenith Insurance Company/*

*Learn more about our presenters
<http://woema.memberclicks.net/message2/link/486d8556-ed6b-4cd4-9a70-6fc40ac8f2af/3>
<http://woema.memberclicks.net/message2/link/486d8556-ed6b-4cd4-9a70-6fc40ac8f2af/4>*

*Continuing Medical Education (CME) information
<http://woema.memberclicks.net/message2/link/486d8556-ed6b-4cd4-9a70-6fc40ac8f2af/5>*

*Western Occupational and Environmental Medical Association*
*320 Pine Ave, Suite 1050 | Long Beach, CA 90802*
*T 415-764-4918 | E woema at woema.org
<http://woema.memberclicks.net/message2/link/486d8556-ed6b-4cd4-9a70-6fc40ac8f2af/7>*