[MCOH-EH] COVID-19 infection 14 days after final vaccine dose.
Douglas.Wendland at slhduluth.com
Thu Feb 25 11:42:13 PST 2021
We have not seen any infections more than 7 days after second dose of Pfizer vaccine. Approximately 2000 employees have completed 2 dose series. We also require reporting of all COVID-19 symptoms and exposures. We have not been testing asymptomatic exposures who have been completed vaccination more than 14 days ago.
Douglas M Wendland, MD, MPH
St. Luke's Occupational Medicine
From: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh-bounces at mylist.net> On Behalf Of Shea, Joann via MCOH-EH
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 2:17 PM
To: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh at mylist.net>
Cc: Shea, Joann <jshea at tgh.org>
Subject: [MCOH-EH] COVID-19 infection 14 days after final vaccine dose.
CAUTION: External Sender - This email originated from outside of St. Luke's.
Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
I'm just sharing what we have seen to date in terms of COVID infection following vaccination.
To date, we have vaccinated ~8,000 healthcare workers in our organization (employees, medical staff, residents, etc) with two doses of Pfizer vaccine. All persons exposed, whether vaccinated or not, are required to call our COVID-19 hotline. We have been tracking vaccinated HCWs exposed to COVID-19 post-vaccination who meet the following criteria:
1) Report a close contact (i.e. household contact) exposure to COVID-19
2) Received final dose of COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more from date of exposure
3) Completed PCR testing 4-7 days post exposure
To date, we have had 29 HCWs report exposure that meets this criteria:
* 25 tested negative for COVID-19 via PCR testing 4-7 days post exposure and were asymptomatic.
* 4 tested positive:
* 2 had typical COVID-19 symptoms of loss of taste and smell, fatigue, congestion, cough, headache.
* 27 year old healthy nurse with history of asthma. Final dose Pfizer: 1/6/21 and onset of symptoms 2/15/21. CT value on PCR was 13.24. PCR positive x 2. Neutralizing antibody >250 post vaccination.
* 35 year old manager with PMH: bariatric surgery 6 months ago; sleep apnea; diabetes; HTN. Final dose Pfizer: 1/4/21 and onset symptoms 2/12/21. CT value on PCR was 17.63. PCR positive x 2. Neutralizing antibody >250 post vaccination
* 1 was positive, over 60 and was asymptomatic with CT value 35. Neutralizing antibody was >250 post vaccination
* 1 presented to our ER with severe headache and vomiting and tested positive on routine PCR. Had close contact exposure. Symptoms abated in 3 days and was asymptomatic after. Second PCR test done 3 days later was negative. Ct was 39, so had low viral load. Neutralizing antibody was >250 post vaccination.
We are following new CDC guidelines and do not require quarantine after close contact exposure if they meet the CDC vaccination criteria, are free of symptoms AND get PCR tested post exposure. We are requiring 7 day quarantine after international travel, regardless of vaccination status. Is anyone else seeing COVID infections 14 days or more post vaccination? Thank you!
JoAnn Shea, APRN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness
Tampa General Hospital
jshea at tgh.org<mailto:jshea at tgh.org>
This St. Luke's communication is intended for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify sender immediately
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MCOH-EH