[MCOH-EH] Percent Of Employees vaccinated.

Paul J Allen pauljallen at icloud.com
Sat Mar 27 11:20:39 PDT 2021

Our system employs about 4500, with about 275 physicians.
Vaccination rate for physicians is 95%
Vaccination rate for all non-physician employees is 55%

Not sure why the non physician staff is still hesitant to receive the vaccination.

We recently started a COVID Service Line to address those with post covid syndrome (long COVID). We are searching for ways to help encourage staff and the community to get vaccinated.

I see injured workers most the week. Many are construction, general labor, middle aged white males.  .
As an aside, during the work comp visit, I ask if they are going to get the vaccination.
As a general group they are hesitant to become vaccinated for various reasons
Many have absolutely no idea how a vaccine works and are fearful. Not all are anti-vaccers or anti-maskers per se.  Just fearful and lack knowledge about the benefit of vaccines.
I searched CDC and other online sources for printable posters with very plain language about how vaccines work and why it is important to get this vaccine.
I cannot find anything in basic enough language to get the message across in a few minutes while the worker is in the exam room.

Any help or resources re: a very basic printable poster that briefly explains the how and why re: vaccination will be appreciated.

Thanks,
 Paul

Paul J Allen MD
Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Confluence Health  |   Medical Director Occupational Medicine, Employee Health
p: 509.436-4009 x: 62759  |  f: 509.665.2308  |  email: paul.allen at confluencehealth.org <mailto:paul.allen at confluencehealth.org>