[MCOH-EH] quarantine unvaccinated employees after domestic travel

Shea, Joann jshea at tgh.org
Mon Apr 12 04:38:28 PDT 2021

Good morning,

Following CDC guidance, our healthcare organization implemented a new protocol, requiring 7 day quarantine, from date of return, after international travel for any unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated employee/HCW.  We are also requiring testing 3-5 days post return in our Testing clinic.

CDC also recommends quarantine after domestic travel for unvaccinated persons  and we have not yet implemented this recommendation until our vaccine task force meets to define domestic travel.  Is anyone else requiring quarantine after domestic travel?    We still have 35% of our team members who are not vaccinated and many are planning summer vacations domestically.    Thank you.  JoAnn

JoAnn Shea, APRN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness
Tampa General Hospital
Office: 813-844-7692
Cell:      813-789-3441
jshea at tgh.org