[MCOH-EH] quarantine unvaccinated employees after domestic travel

Olson, Amelia AmeliaOlson at Centura.Org
Mon Apr 12 11:29:31 PDT 2021

We are opting not to implement the recommendations for domestic travel at this time.

Amelia Olson, RN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Occupational Health
Centura Health

O: 303.673.7460
9100 E Mineral Circle | Centennial, CO 80112
centura.org

[cid:image002.png at 01D72F97.6FB132D0]

I'm on a mission to ensure the health and safety of every associate.

From: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh-bounces+ameliaolson=centura.org at mylist.net> On Behalf Of Shea, Joann via MCOH-EH
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 5:38 AM
To: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh at mylist.net>
Cc: Shea, Joann <jshea at tgh.org>
Subject: [MCOH-EH] quarantine unvaccinated employees after domestic travel

* External email - Please ensure the safety of links and attachments before opening *
________________________________
Good morning,

Following CDC guidance, our healthcare organization implemented a new protocol, requiring 7 day quarantine, from date of return, after international travel for any unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated employee/HCW.  We are also requiring testing 3-5 days post return in our Testing clinic.

CDC also recommends quarantine after domestic travel for unvaccinated persons  and we have not yet implemented this recommendation until our vaccine task force meets to define domestic travel.  Is anyone else requiring quarantine after domestic travel?    We still have 35% of our team members who are not vaccinated and many are planning summer vacations domestically.    Thank you.  JoAnn

JoAnn Shea, APRN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness
Tampa General Hospital
Office: 813-844-7692
Cell:      813-789-3441
jshea at tgh.org<mailto:jshea at tgh.org>
[imageTGH]<https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/fl/tampa-general-hospital-6391060>

This communication is for the use of the intended recipient only.  It may contain information that
is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, any
disclosure, copying, further distribution or use thereof is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please advise me by return e-mail or by telephone and delete/destroy it.