[MCOH-EH] Debate about making COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for HCWs?

Tara Dockery tdockery at oceanbeachhospital.com
Tue Apr 27 12:11:32 PDT 2021

No at this point for us it is a choice, but moving forward we are going to act like our Influenza vaccines, where those who decline will sign a declination so we can prove it has been offered to them, and they will receive education on why it is a good idea to receive the Coronavirus Vaccine.  The idea that it will protect you if exposed at work could help staff from experiencing quarantine, but unfortunately we have seen some fully vaccinated people in our county test positive for Covid, some with symptoms and some without, so it seems like it may be a crutch people lean on to not be careful anymore with social distancing and masking.

Tara

Tara Lee Dockery, IP, MT(ASCP), BS | Infection Preventionist and Employee Health
Ocean Beach Hospital and Medical Clinics
174 1st Ave North | P.O. Box H | Ilwaco |WA | 98624
Phone: 360.642.6307 | Cell : 509-760-7397 | Fax: 360-642-6309  |tdockery at oceanbeachhospital.com<mailto:tdockery at oceanbeachhospital.com>

[cid:image003.png at 01D40E32.E65AC8D0]<http://www.oceanbeachhospital.com/>

www.oceanbeachhospital.com<http://www.oceanbeachhospital.com/>