[MCOH-EH] OSHA physician position

Hodgson, Michael - OSHA Hodgson.Michael at dol.gov
Wed Jun 9 10:33:03 PDT 2021

Hi, all
The Department of Labor posted a GS15 physician position for the next two weeks.  The position will

·       lead our ongoing activities with COVID internally, like testing and, likely, tracking vaccination status.  That element will therefore integrate with our regular OSHA Medical Evaluation Program (OMEP), the surveillance / fitness for duty program for the compliance officers, led by another GS15 physician.  In addition, as the COVID ETS or the infectious disease standard move forward, it will likely deal with those issues

·       Support the usual field enforcement / inspection cases, of which we see 50 to 70 per year.   In the last year almost 70% were COVID, but lots of other stuff happens

·       Function as a reviewing medical officer forOMEP, along with the other 5 physicians in the office

·       Support other internal and external programs and agencies

·       Move our science agenda forward

The position is eligible for the Physician Comparability Pay ($30,000 per year, in two year blocks) added to the GS15 salary, even though that isn't so obvious from the anouncement

It's not yet clear how much of the full-time workload the initial element will actually require as COVID appears to be calming down from an internal management perspective, but it is the primary position that will respond.  We hope to be staffed with 6 physicians and 3 nurses by August

Ø  Physician - DE<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2FGetJob%2FViewDetails%2F604073700&data=04%7C01%7CHodgson.Michael%40dol.gov%7C61be195296a04a7d877e08d92b6585f4%7C75a6305472044e0c9126adab971d4aca%7C0%7C0%7C637588537295608751%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=gIMej8GpohVYwaKx2MOVixOLqL4Bpi%2B4ESKtGd9kpsg%3D&reserved=0>

Thanks,

Michael

Michael J Hodgson, M.D., M.P.H.
Chief Medical Officer and Director,
Office of Occupational Medicine and Nursing
OSHA
200 Constitution Ave NW N3653
Washington DC 20210
202-693-1768