[MCOH-EH] Source Patient Consent with BBP Exposures

Cockrum, MD David S dcockrum at frhs.org
Tue Jul 20 11:58:04 PDT 2021

Emily et al-

For what it's worth, in Nebraska it's encoded in state law/regulation that the source must allow collection of an appropriate specimen following exposure of a healthcare worker, LEO, or fire/rescue type. Despite this, our hospital has the consent included in the admission consent form for inpatient. For outpatient, we usually obtain a specific consent for each case. But we are not a huge medical center, so the number of exposure cases is quite small compared to a place like Emory.

Definitely check state law to see if it is encoded there.

David

DAVIDCOCKRUM, MD
Physician
Faith Regional Physician Services
Occupational Medicine
(402) 844 8300
2024 Pasewalk Avenue, Suite 2, Norfolk, NE 68701
Click on the logos to learn more about our services.
This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged or legally protected communications or information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, distribution, dissemination or copying of this message or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should immediately notify the sender by a return e-mail and delete the message from your computer system.