[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL]Re: UDS for Reasonable Suspicion vs Diversion

Brown, Michael L Michael.Brown at fmolhs.org
Sat Oct 23 10:28:38 PDT 2021

As long as you have a policy and stick to that policy, you will be ok.   I don’t know how you can test for what is in question.  It could be anything.   We do an extended panel with opiates with fentanyl added.
If missing a certain drug in a count for example, if you test for that dilaudid or fentanyl and it’s negative what will be your recourse if they are impaired.   Have a good policy, be consistent and it should be good.

That’s my 2 cents, but I am interested in this conversation.
Michael B. FNP
Manager EH and Occupational Health