[MCOH-EH] Drug Testing

Charles Hackett dickenshackett at gmail.com
Mon May 2 04:31:55 PDT 2022

Our organization is looking at ways to improve the efficiency of onboarding
new employees and is considering stopping pre placement urine drug testing.
Historically the UDT has been done by our own lab and has been rate
limiting and of concern from a compliance process.
Do you do UDT at preplacement? If so, why?
If your organization does UDT at pre placement is it outsourced?
Is it an HR process or an employee health process?
Thank you
Charlie

*Charles D Hackett, MD, MPH*
Medical Director, Employee and Occupational Health, Lifespan
Chief Community and Family Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital
Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Brown University