[MCOH-EH] staff influenza vaccine waiver process

Olson, Amelia AmeliaOlson at Centura.Org
Wed Aug 31 14:23:49 PDT 2022

In all my career, OH has always dealt with medical and HR handles the religious. I am not trained in knowing what to look for with religious and I don't like anyone but OH professionals hearing about medical concerns with our people.

Amelia Olson, RN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Occupational Health
Centura Health

O: 303.673.7460
9100 E Mineral Circle | Centennial, CO 80112
centura.org

[cid:image001.png at 01D8BD4D.AAD050E0]

I'm on a mission to ensure the health and safety of every associate.

From: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh-bounces+ameliaolson=centura.org at mylist.net> On Behalf Of Mullinax, Ross A LCDR USN NAVHOSP PORS VA (USA) via MCOH-EH
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 12:40 PM
To: mcoh-eh at mylist.net
Cc: Mullinax, Ross A LCDR USN NAVHOSP PORS VA (USA) <ross.a.mullinax.mil at mail.mil>
Subject: [MCOH-EH] staff influenza vaccine waiver process

* External email ? Please ensure the safety of links and attachments before opening *

All,

I'm just starting in a new MCOH job. We apparently have a panel committee of experts that decide on influenza waivers among staff. The committee is mostly healthcare personnel but also the hospital chaplain, with myself (the occ health doc) as the chair of the committee. It appears that historically the committee adjudicates requests for both medical and religious waivers from getting their annual flu shot. That doesn't seem right to me at all. There are many more religious requests than medical. I am curious to know how this process works at other institutions for flu waivers, medical vs. religious. Thank you!

Ross Mullinax