[MCOH-EH] staff influenza vaccine waiver process

Mullinax, Ross A LCDR USN NAVHOSP PORS VA (USA) ross.a.mullinax.mil at mail.mil
Wed Aug 31 11:41:09 PDT 2022

All,

I'm just starting in a new MCOH job.  We apparently have a panel committee of experts that decide on influenza waivers among staff.  The committee is mostly healthcare personnel but also the hospital chaplain, with myself (the occ health doc) as the chair of the committee.  It appears that historically the committee adjudicates requests for both medical and religious waivers from getting their annual flu shot.  That doesn't seem right to me at all.  There are many more religious requests than medical.  I am curious to know how this process works at other institutions for flu waivers, medical vs. religious.  Thank you!

Ross Mullinax