[MCOH-EH] Metric for WC staffing please?

Wendy Todaro Thanassi MD thanassi at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 24 12:53:31 PDT 2022

Good morning,
I am new to this private hospital role after leaving 15 years of work at VA, so I may need to ask you all several basic questions!

This one is:
Does anyone have a metric or calculator for WC clinical care staffing that you can share? I KNOW that it’s much more complicated than a number, but I need to start somewhere.

Alternatively:
What’s your Workers Comp clinical care staffing (when fully staffed)?
How many employees is the WC team responsible for?
How many case managers?
How long is each appointment/ or how many cases a day is reasonable?

Even that would help a lot!

Thank you,
Wendy

Wendy Todaro Thanassi MD, MA, MRO
Medical Director, Workforce Health
Clinical Professor, Primary Care and Population Health Science

Stanford Medicine
300 Pasteur Dr., H0124
Stanford, CA 94303
Cell: 650-380-1131
thanassi at stanford.edu<mailto:thanassi at stanford.edu>

Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System
3801 Miranda Ave, MC 11-EH
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Wendy.thanassi at va.gov