[MCOH-EH] hazardous drugs(chemo) and request for accommodation

Philip Adamo philipad1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:38:52 PST 2022

Hello colleagues,
We are having challenges with employees request for an accommodation because of breastfeeding or pregnancy. Pregnancy in and of itself is not a disability. We have taken the regulatory route in that we do not accommodate unless there other co-morbidities. WE provide the appropriate PPE.

ONS has published that nurses should ask for an accommodation. Realizing this is not a regulatory agency. We are challenged to accommodate.

I would appreciate best practices at your institutions.

Thanks,
Philip Adamo, M.D., MPH
Section Chief and Medical Director
Dartmouth Health