[MCOH-EH] Vaccine exemptions

Eisenhauer, Julie (TCRHCC) Julie.Eisenhauer at TCHEALTH.ORG
Mon Dec 12 13:43:23 PST 2022

Please respond to the questions below regarding vaccine exemptions in healthcare systems

  1.  Do you allow exemptions to all vaccines (including MMR and Varicella if not immune?) No unless medical reason. We all exemption for Varicella if born before 1980. This year we removed religious or personal preference out of the policy for both Flu and COVID19; both are mandated and only exempt if there is a medical reason with provider documentation. COVID19 exemptions are reviewed by a medical panel of 4; influenza is reviewed and granted by Employee Health if documentation is received. Our pediatrics and Women’s clinic are required to have Tdap every 10 years due to the population we serve. However, everyone else can opt to do Td instead.
  2.  If you allow exemptions, do you have specific extra PPE precautions? Yes, we also require weekly testing for COVID19 if not able to vaccinate.
If yes what are the extra precautions? Everyone is still required to were a KN95 or KF94 in all areas. Those working in high probable respiratory illness or AGP are required to wear N95 still. We are still seeing near 17% positivity rate in COVID19 in our clinics.

Sincerely Your Employee Health Nurse.

Julie A. Eisenhauer BSN, RN, CCM
HR/Employee Health
Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation
PO Box 600
Tuba City, AZ. 86045
PH#: 928-283-1437; or Mitel ext. 41544
Email: Julie.eisenhauer at tchealth.org<mailto:Julie.eisenhauer at tchealth.org>
HR Email: TCRHCCHR at Tchealth.org<mailto:TCRHCCHR at Tchealth.org>

  *   THREE W’s -  WEAR a mask, WASH your hands, WATCH your distance 😊

Caution: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.