[MCOH-EH] Medical Students Covid Vaccine Medical Exemption

Charles Hackett dickenshackett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:04:29 PST 2023

Good afternoon
Historically Brown University has been responsible for reviewing and
determining any medical exemptions for covid vaccination for their med
students.
We have shared with them our process and guidelines through employee health
at Lifespan.
There are a number of systems that they rotate through in Rhode Island.
We do not assess any student exemptions from any educational institution.

How do others handle students that have an exemption that might rotate
through their system?
What do you do if their standard of exemption is significantly different
from yours?

As always
Thank you
Charlie

Medical Director, Employee and Occupational Health, Lifespan
Chief Community and Family Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital
Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Brown University
