[MCOH-EH] COVID Vaccine for New Hires (William Scott)

Deanna Prater dprater at luhonline.com
Tue Feb 7 15:37:54 PST 2023

We honor all religious and medication exemptions.  In 2022, our COVID positivity rates were equal among vaccinated and non-vaccinated staff.  With the mandatory masking, we had zero outbreaks in the facility. For the most part, our occupationally acquired COVID cases were staff-to-staff in small departments in which staff had a tendency to remove their masks while working at their desks (non-nursing departments).  These cases were among fully vaccinated staff (most with boosters).  So for our region and facility, it is logical to honor the exemptions.

Deanna Prater
Director of Infection Control, Employee Health & Safety
Lower Umpqua Hospital
600 Ranch Road
Reedsport, Oregon 97467
Office:  (541) 271-6323
Fax:  (541) 271-6353

“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”