[MCOH-EH] [External] Covid Vaccination

Behrman, Amy behrman at pennmedicine.upenn.edu
Mon Oct 16 12:01:14 PDT 2023

My responses below  - Amy Behrman

________________________________
From: MCOH-EH <mcoh-eh-bounces at mylist.net> on behalf of Charles Hackett <dickenshackett at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2023 7:26 PM
To: mcoh-eh at mylist.net <mcoh-eh at mylist.net>
Subject: [External] [MCOH-EH] Covid Vaccination

Our system is reevaluating their approach to covid vaccination mandate.
The RIDOH is being vague about mandating being up to date and leaving it to each institution to determine want it wants to do.
Do you still mandate the covid vaccine to work within your institution?  Yes, with compliance defined as having at a minimum received an original series or a single current vaccine.  Of course, we recommend all staff follow current ACIP recommendations.
Do you mandate the influenza vaccine?  Yes
If yes does it apply to all employees including remote employees?  Yes
Do you require ppe if not vaccinated or just patient facing? Per Hospital Epidemiologist direction
Do you require ppe for all employees during peak respiratory illness season?  Not at this time, but can change per Hospital Epidemiologist direction
As always
Thank you
Charlie
Charles D Hackett, MD, MPH
Medical Director, Employee and Occupational Health, Lifespan
Chief Community and Family Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital
Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Brown University