[MCOH-EH] Marijuana legalization

Tina Schmitt SchmittT at childrensdayton.org
Mon Nov 27 07:56:32 PST 2023

Hello,

I am looking for insight on how other healthcare facilities are managing drug testing in states where Marijuana is legal. Marijuana recently became legal in Ohio and my health care facility has prohibited the use of Marijuana up until now. We are now revisiting the policy based on the new legal update. I am not sure we are going to change anything but are seeking information and practices from other institutions so we can assure we are aligned with best practices. I welcome your feedback.

Thank you!

Tina

Tina Schmitt, MSN, RN
Director, Employee Health and Wellness