[MCOH-EH] Qualitative Fit Testing vs quantitative

Darlene Sims Darlene.sims at infirmaryhealth.org
Sat Mar 9 04:48:48 PST 2024

Yes, each mask you use for the test is thrown away. When testing, you will puncture a hole with a portapunch tool
To  insert the piece that connects the mask to the tube for testing.

 For the half face mask testing, it does not causes damage and they are assigned the respirator used during the testing. With that said, my team is very careful at the selection and follow the guidelines to measure facial features before selecting.

You are welcome to video call me next week and I can demonstrate the process.

Darlene Sims, MSN, FNP-C
Director, Infirmary Employee Health Services
251-435-3377