[MCOH-EH] USP 800 medical surveillance

Enass Awad umhaneen at gmail.com
Thu May 16 11:50:27 PDT 2024

Hi everyone:
  Is anyone offering medical surveillance for your employees who handle
hazardous drugs under USP 800 ?
If yes , can you share what that entails ? Is it an opt-in questionnaire
only or do you also do actual lab testing ??
  Evidence is poor in general in terms of support for adopting full blown
surveillance and the last guidance statement from WOEMA , advised against
surveillance however institutions continue to feel there has to be some
element of surveillance.
  Just curious to hear different points of view to better inform our
decision to not implement surveillance at this point in time.

Thanks much ,

Enass Awad A/Rahman,MD,MPH, FACOEM
UC Davis Health.

"We can enrich the world if we choose to embrace our similarities; we can
destroy the world if we choose to emphasize our differences."