[MCOH-EH] [EXTERNAL]Re: Choosing 2-dose vs 3-dose hepatitis B vaccine regimen

Stephanie Perkins Stephanie.Perkins at nbmchealth.com
Thu May 9 08:54:42 PDT 2024

We switched to Heplisav as well because hunting people for the 3rd vaccine we found was difficult as well. I love that it's a 2 dose series. With retention being what it is, not many employees made it to their 3rd dose and then you have people with the series unfinished. At least with Heplisav it's 2 doses separated by 4 weeks, and most people are at a position for at least a month, so we decided to switch as well. In fact, when I brought it to our medical directors' attention, he shared the vaccine information with all the providers at our clinic. Now a lot of our providers use it for their patients as well. For employee health, I still have a stock of the Engerix for those who may be pregnant and want the series, as Heplisav has a pregnancy contraindication. However, the majority of Hep B vaccinations I provide in employee health are Heplisav.

Stephanie Perkins, MSN RN
Employee Health Nurse
Clinical Educator
North Bend Medical Center